In light of the ongoing scrutiny of executive rewards, companies should regularly assess all elements of executive remuneration to ensure executive pay and benefits support the attraction and retention of executives, yet minimize risk to the company. Executive benefits, particularly nonqualified retirement plans, can play a core role in an executive’s total compensation package and should be evaluated regularly.
This Perspective explores each of these key steps and discusses actions that employers can take to achieve responsible executive benefits practices while maximizing the return on investment from these programs.
- Review external competitiveness
- Understand the impact on total compensation
- Ensure proper governance and oversight
Complexities of Executive Compensation and Rewards
Let us shape your executive compensation and rewards programs with Mercer’s expert consulting and comprehensive data, trusted by many firms before you.
- Improve your ability to attract, retain, and motivate key executive talent.
- Align executive pay with your organization’s strategic needs and relevant talent comparators.
Realize value in ownership transactions.
- Keep compliant with regulatory, legislative, and shareholder requirements and guidelines.