HP Wealth Management (S) Pte Ltd (HPWM) is an independent wealth management/multi-family office founded in Singapore in 2009 that provides independent advice and tailor-made investment management services to high-net-worth individuals and families. The firm needed top-tier managers for its growing portfolio of alternatives.
“We faced the problem of not having the expertise to do manager selection and undertake investment and operational due diligence,” says HPWN Managing Partner and Founder Urs Brutsch.
- Access to top managers: HPWN was too small to get attention from fund managers.
- Transparency around risk management: The firm needed to be comfortable delegating its clients’ money to a firm that shared its philosophy around risk management.
“[Delegating to mercer] is a very efficient way to get exposure to top managers you can’t access on a standalone basis. It is very comforting to mow that Mercer has it all under control.”
Mercer Delegated Investment Solution
After making sure the client was comfortable with Mercer’s process, research coverage and capabilities, the Delegated Investment team identified three key steps:
- Understand the client’s risk profile and long-term objectives
- Take on all manager selection, due diligence, and allocation
- Identify funds in the hedge fund solution that client was invested in
Mercer partnered with HPWN to take on all investment responsibilities and fiduciary risk.